Jefferson R7 Community,
Click on the following link for the official press release on Attendance to Extracurricular Events at Jefferson R7: COVID Spectator MEMO to community
The current COVID-19 pandemic is changing everything around us. Our school year will look different and unfortunately, so will our extra-curricular events. At this time, 8/20/20, the Jefferson R7 School District will limit the number of spectators at ALL activities (JHS and Danby). We will reevaluate the situation weekly with guidance from the Jefferson County Health Department and make any necessary adjustments to our policies.
The attendance policy as of 08/20/20 is as follows:
- Home Games: Our participants (team, cheerleaders, dance, coaches) will be allowed 4 “spectators”. Each participant will provide the athletic department with a pass list at least 24 hours before the contest. If you are not on that pass list, you will not be permitted into the contest.
- Our Band will be recording performances to be played at games, but will not be in attendance at games.
- The “visiting team” will be allowed 2 “spectators” per participant.
- Away Contests: Our participants (team) will be allowed 2 “spectators” per participant. Each participant will provide the athletic department with a pass list at least 24 hours before the contest. If you are not on that pass list, you will not be permitted into the contest.
- Masks must be worn while entering the facility
- Masks must be worn while social distancing guidelines can’t be followed
- Entry Fee
- There will be NO entry fee to get into contests at Jefferson R7 this Fall.
If at anytime these restrictions can be adjusted, the athletic department will notify the community.
These restrictions are being put in place to help minimize the transmission of COVID-19 while at the same time allowing our students the ability to participate.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me at: firstname.lastname@example.org or 636-933-6910.
Director of Student Services